Are You Feeling Stressed or Depressed?
We live in stressful times and it can be difficult to get the time we need to look after ourselves. Extreme stress can lead to depression if it is not managed.
At Clane Counselling, we can help you through this. First it is important to understand stress and depression.
1. Stress is a closed internal personalised attitude to situations.
2. Unresolved conflicts.
3. Low self esteem (no self esteem).
4. Internalising everything.
5. Negative response to outside stimuli and the resulting internal response, ie. anxiety, fear, stomach ache, feeling sick, headaches, I’m no good, I’m always wrong, he doesn’t like me, I feel abused, used, they don’t want me at home.
6. Internal conflict with no health release path – or physical expression, (frustration) (repressed) ie. tightness at the neck, sweating, nervous pacing, can’t sleep.
7. Fear of failure – taking it personal, fear of being criticised, immobilised by imaginary slights.
8. Haste – it must be done here, only this way.
9. Expectations – wishing, all or nothing, win-lose, other people, expectations not matched by ability.
|Signs and Symptoms of Stress||Yes||No|
|Smoking to Excess|
|Eating to Excess|
|Drinking to Excess|
|Loss of Memory|
|Awakening with feelings of anxiety|
|Unable to Relax|
|Always taking work home|
|Moods changing easily|
|Over-reaction to minor situations|
|High blood pressure|